Ten independent online news publishers from across the country have been chosen to participate in a yearlong program that will offer assistance in building advertising support for local journalism, LION Publishers announced this month
Chosen from a group of 79 applicants to participate in RAMP — the Revenue from Advertising Mentorship Program — were:
- Adrian Fernandez Baumann of The Mendocino Voice in California.
- Andaiye Taylor of Brick City Live in Newark, New Jersey.
- Dawn Shelton of the Luther Register in Oklahoma.
- Jeff Wong of DC Commute Times in Arlington, Virginia.
- Jiquanda Johnson of Flint Beat in Michigan.
- Matt Hennie of Project Q Atlanta in Georgia
- Rob Chappell of Madison 365 in Wisconsin.
- Shereen Siewert of the Wausau Pilot and Review in Wisconsin.
- Tyree Worthy of Gentilly Messenger in New Orleans.
- And Tasneem Raja of The Tyler Loop in Texas.
The participants, all members of Local Independent Online News Publishers, will work with mentors and industry experts organized by LION, and share the outcomes of their revenue projects via LION white papers, conference sessions and more.
Read more here.