FLINT, MI – Whether you want to get your finances in order or bring a business idea to fruition, the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce offers the resources to help make your goals a reality. In 2018, the Chamber will provide more than 60 workshops and seminars that are relevant to a variety of industries and skill levels.
“These workshops provide an excellent opportunity for personal and professional growth,” said Michelle Hill, Director of Core Initiatives and Shared Services at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “Whatever trainings you pursue, you’re bound to gain insights that can help you advance in your career, build your professional network or make positive changes at home.”
Last year, more than 1,300 individuals attended the Chamber’s trainings, which are led by experts in their respective fields. According to Hill, the 2018 lineup was curated based on feedback from past workshop attendees and input from local employers. For example, some of the upcoming sessions include:
- Leading from Within, the first workshop in a four-part series exploring Co-Active Leadership—a concept rooted in the belief that everyone is a leader. Led by Crawford Collaborative Consulting Jan. 24
- Vision Board Party, which will provide the supplies and guidance needed to create a vision board mapping out your business and life goals. Led by Ebonie Gipson of I’m Building Something Consulting Jan. 29
- Grant Writing 101, which will cover the stages of grant writing, how to write a successful proposal and best practices for following up after winning or losing a grant. Led by Phyllis Lewis of SmartWORKS Feb. 21
“We act as a convener,” Hill said. “We connect local professionals and community members with the experts in a given industry or subject matter. In doing so, we help strengthen the workforce and position Flint and Genesee County for continued economic growth.”
The 2018 Flint & Genesee Training & Development Catalog features training opportunities in:
- Business Basics
- Financial Planning, sponsored by ELGA Credit Unit
- Health & Wellness, sponsored by Hurley Corporate Wellness
- INSPIRE Leadership Speaker Series, sponsored by Diplomat
- Leadership Development, including the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) Series
- Organizational Development
Thanks to the generous support of the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation, these professional development opportunities are provided at little to no cost to attendees. For more information, or to browse this year’s training opportunities, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/training.