Never miss a beat! Sign up for the Flint Beat newsletter.
FLINT, MI – More than 20 employers looking to fill entry-level positions will meet with job seekers during the Flint & Genesee Job Fair, to be held Friday, April 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Baker College of Flint. Check-in will be located at the student center.
In addition to on-site interviews, the job fair – open to adults 18 and older – will offer access to a variety of community resources, including career preparation, financial and health services.
“This event aims to be a one-stop shop for job seekers,” said Rhetta Hunyady, Vice President of Education & Training at the Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce. “Not only will it offer participants the opportunity to interview with multiple employers, it will put them in front of agencies that can assist in advancing their careers.”
For example, Michigan Secretary of State will provide information about securing a state-issued ID card, change-of-address forms and more. Additionally, barbers and stylists from Park Place Studio in Flint will provide on-site haircuts and other hair services to job applicants.
Other participating agencies include:
- Fifth Third Bank of East Michigan
- Flint/Genesee Job Corps
- Flint/Saginaw Electrical JATC
- Genesee County Health Department
- Genesee Health System
- Greater Flint Health Coalition
- GST Michigan Works
- Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Michigan Rehabilitation Services
- Mott Community College Workforce Development
- Mpowering My Success (University of Michigan – Flint)
- S. Truck Driver Training School
Confirmed employers thus far include:
- AmeriCorps (Crim Fitness Foundation)
- C&L Ward Brothers
- Carpetland USA
- Comfort Keepers
- Dort Federal Credit Union
- Food Bank of Eastern Michigan
- GLS Union of Painters & Allied Trades
- The Home Depot
- Jerry’s Tire
- Landaal Packaging
- Landings of Genesee Valley
- Mass Transportation Authority
- McDonald’s (CMF Enterprises)
- PMC (Placement Management Center)
- Primerica of Grand Blanc
- Stone Specialists
- PrintComm/Marketing Solutions
- Qualified Staffing
- Randy Wise Automotive
- Teachout Security
- YouthQuest (Flint & Genesee Chamber of Commerce)
Job seekers should dress professionally and bring several copies of their resumes to the job fair. Walk-ins are welcome, although applicants are encouraged to register by Friday, April 21 at www.flintandgenesee.org/jobfair.
People who would like to attend pre-employment training prior to the job fair are encouraged to check out Career Edge. The free workshop series will be held this week at Southwestern Classical Academy and GST Michigan Works. For more information, visit www.flintandgenesee.org/career-edge.